Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dining Room

Newly painted buffet deux corps in Annie Sloan French Linen with Clear and Dark Wax.  Chairs painted in Annie Sloan Old White with gold acrylic craft paint.

Buffet painted with Annie Sloan Old White with Clear Wax, then 3 parts Clear to 1 part Dark Wax.

I am trying to figure out how to portray the true size of the buffet.  It is six feet long but looks so small here. The angel was purchased at JC Penney a couple Christmas season's ago.  It was really, blindingly gold.  I sprayed it with gray primer and left it outdoors for several months!


The table is a Horchow piece, purchased for 10% of it's original ($3,000) price on ebay. It is actually an entry table but it is large enough for our family.

The chairs were purchased years ago from a catalog.  I have painted two so far. I think I will use a canvas dropcloth to recover the seats.

I had fun aranging my silver collection on my newly painted buffet deux corps!


Cannot decide to paint the trim in Annie Sloan Old Ochre or metallic gold?


I'm so excited!

13 comments:

  1. Love it all and the paper will be the bow on the package. Good job, so wonderful. Get place for Holiday memories. Richard and Sissy from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie you have a reason to be excited you did such an amazing job! Heck I'm excited for you it's all so perfect!!!!! What do you think about using the gray from your cabinet for the buffet? It would look great and not introduce to many colors. I'm loving your home!

    P.S. I included your fireplace in my newest post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you should be excited everything looks wonderful! I love your silver collection.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving it all Andie!! Love the shape of the buffet, and your silver compliments is perfectly. The table is stunning. I leave things outside too. Let nature add the patina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing such an AMAZING job with all of your pieces. Each one so unique and somehow so perfect together. I'm in love!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andie, I am in awwwwww! and gasping for air it leaves me breathless.

    Love the simple room with grand pieces.
    so inspiring :)
    xxxx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Andie - this room looks wonderful. I love how you've put it all together and your silver collection is perfectly displayed. How on earth do you manage to get all this done and home school your daughter? Maybe you don't sleep at all. x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really looks like you spent a huge fortune on everything. It just has that opulent look. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought a ticket and am flying over for dinner! You don't have to cook anything. I'll just sit there and admire the furniture and your hard work :-).

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABULOUS.....AGAIN...YOU ARE ONE TALENTED AND BRAVE GAL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. I love the armoire in that color. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful buffet! I recommend painting the trim wiht the old ochre and then going over it with the gold leaf distressed back to show the layers.

    Love your silver collection, you are a girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is full of beauty. I really like your minor.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...