Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Craigslist to the Rescue!

After I painted my dining room armoire with Annie Sloan grey paint I realized it wasn't exactly what I wanted.  I posted it on Craigslist and it sold immediately!  Yay! However, that left me with no place to store my silver and china.  Back to Craigslist!
I found this china cabinet for fifty dollars! This is the original Craigslist photo.  I paid for it last weekend and I will be picking it up Saturday! I may paint it and add toile to the windows.

I also found this giant armoire for a very fair price.  I will be picking this up next week.  I may decide to paint it with the Annie Sloan Paris Grey and Dark Wax.  I really, really like that color!

This Tara Shaw bibliotheque is the paint inspiration for the armoire.



This cane chaise is so lovely!  $300 on Craigslist! I am not sure if I will keep it, though.  I don't know if I like the way it looks in my family room.  It is quite sturdy and beautiful!



I found this set of six Louis XVI chairs for $500.  Not terribly inexpensive but nothing close to what Restoration Hardware charges! This is the original Craigslist photo. I will be reupholstering them and painting them too!

I don't recall where I found this image, it is so old.  I like the numbering on the backs...


This Craigslist gate is finally being installed in our side garden this weekend.  I hope it doesn't rain!


This is another photo whose origin I am uncertain of.  I have another Craigslist chest that I will be painting with this pattern. 
$35 on Craigslist!  It is over three feet wide.  It has some chips but that can be easily remedied!



Huge Anduze urn that I will be using as a coffee table in the living room!

I hope Autumn is being kind to you...

xoxo
Andie


12 comments:

  1. What beauties you have found! Craigslist makes me want to move to America. x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie, you have a real knack for finding things on Craigslist. Can't believe some of those prices. Looking forward to seeing the transformations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you found all these treasures on craigslist, great buys Andie. I'm excited to see what each piece will look like after it's been under your touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. D.I just loves the painted bow front chest. I bet you will make the one you bought look like a million dollars. I think you have a new career, buying and selling on Craig's List. I wish there was some of that around here, but living 100 miles from the nearest big town makes that a little hard. I am getting read for Apple fest next weekend. I am hoping to finally get to meeet you. Have a beautiful weekend. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer to think those objects found you!
    I cannot imagine them in anyone's hands but yours.
    Show us the "happily ever afters!"
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  6. $35 for that chest! What a steal. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Love a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some great finds, and great inspiration. I love Tara Shaw, and that look for your cabinet would be fantastic. Loving that chaise too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You hit the jackpot my friend! I just was on CL trying to find a badge/button maker and a large copper kettle/pot. You do have a great knack for finding the treasurss. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah the joys of CL...all the diamonds among the crapola! Isn't it the best when the seller THINKS it's crap and it's really a diamond?

    You are a lunatic, by the way. Wasn't that grey piece lovely? I think it was...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what great finds!! I so wish we lived closer to a larger city- Craigs list is unheard of here in our area.

    Can't wait to see what you do with those pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andie i am sitting here totally drooling over your finds!!!! I am so jealous of those gorgeous knock me dead iron gates! What a dream to have that in your garden!!
    I love grey too...my newest obsession!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...