Tuesday, May 24, 2016

More on this as it develops...

We found this table free on Craigslist!  I will be painting it and adding a gravel patio and a pond behind it where the bronze cherub spitter sits!
Every last thing you see here is from Craigslist, including the arborvitae! 



The table is seven feet long and made of pine.  I am just too excited!  I want to paint it right now! 
Can you just hear the tinkle of the fountain and the crushed gravel underfoot? 

I have envisioned this for years, even to the point that I walk around the imaginary pond and encourage others to do so as well.  

Me: "You're standing on the goldfish."

Handsome Husband: "Goldfish? What are you talking about?"

Me: "The goldfish mama is not happy. I don't know what she's capable of...and your shoes are sopping wet!  Will you please just get out of the pond?"

Handsome Husband: Rolls eyes. Steps out of imaginary pond, makes imaginary squishy shoe sounds as he walks toward the house...

xo

Andie


4 comments:

  1. Andie, Craig's List must give you a stipend. You are their best ambassador.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water. Pond. Mosquitoes. Zika.
    How do you balance these considerations?
    I dont have my fountain in the pond I'd like to dig. One reason is b/c it might not be safe w/ Zika bearing skeeters in all but 10 states.

    I like your husband. He has a sense of humor and I imagine you have a strong bond w/him....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the luckiest Craigslister person I ever saw. Congratulations!

    I needed an office chair the other day - bought one off Craigslist $20. Got it home and the cushion is worn to a pancake. Someone of a large nature must have sat in that chair a whole lot! Live and learn.
    I'm so glad you get the good stuff, it gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great table! Can't wait to see how this turns out! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...