2½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1cup sour cream
2 cups sugar
¼ cup milk
2 tbsp. dried lavender flowers , rinsed, dried and crushed
¼ cup rose water
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp. dried lavender flowers
¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8½ x 4½ x 2⅝-inch loaf pans.
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium-size bowl.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter, lavender, sugar and vanilla until fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after
each. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and milk. On low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture with sour cream mixture in 3 additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Divide between pans.
4. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool on rack 10 minutes.
Remove cakes from pans and let cool completely.
Microwave water and lavender for 30 seconds on high power. Let steep 5 minutes. Strain out lavender flowers and discard.
6. Once cake is cool, whisk together 4 teaspoons of the lavender rose water with the confectioner’s sugar. Add Red and blue food coloring as desired. Drizzle over both loaves. Top with lavender buds. Slice and serve.