Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jesus Bieber or "How to Remove Acrylic Paint Over Oil"


I am not an artist. I have ZERO training. I am, however, a good copier. Until now. I ran out of oils so I attempted to finish my painting with acrylics. Now I have this. Jesus Bieber. You see, oils give you a lot of time to work and fix mistakes. Acrylics do not. Now I know.

Does anyone know how to safely remove acrylic paint over oil? I don't think I should paint over the acrylic with oils. Can anyone help me?

5 comments:

  1. When I first saw this I thought it was a old painting. You are very good most people can't copy paintings! I glad I can see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Andrew. That means a lot to me. Any idea how to remove the acrylic paint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No sorry but I have a friend that paints the base colors in acrylic and finishes in oils. I would just paint over it in oils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I was afraid it would crackle. I am going to work on it in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a non-artist you're awfully darn good! Sorry I can't help with the paint question..I have a hard enough time just painting my nails *winks* Jesus Bieber is too funny! Vanna

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...