Saturday, January 8, 2011

Yes, I'm Bragging! Who Wouldn't?



















               This is the dollhouse Santa found on Craigslist for $100. One of his elves went online to find parts for it and this is what she found. Yes. $7,999.00! Seven thousand nine hundred and ninety nine dollars!
I know...right?! Needless to say, aforementioned elf felt all the blood rush to her head and had to sit down! On the down(ish) side, now we need to buy furniture on par with this lovely house. Most of it costs more than some of the better pieces I own!

It was quite dirty, as it had been in storage and there was evidence of mice who lived in the chateau Once Upon a Time! Personally, I LOVE the image of mice roaming the place, drinking tea with one pinky up and hoping that year's grapes would...well, I digress!
But...mice in panniers...and powdered wigs!

xo

Andie

4 comments:

  1. Mice in Panniers. THAT would be a great name for a blog.

    What a dollhouse!

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feathered Friends in Farthingales might be even better. ;-)

      Delete
  2. That officially seals it!.....Your craigslist is BETTER than mine! That is a fabulous dollhouse! I'm an unattractive shade of green (with envy) *winks* Well done Santa! And those mice wouldn't dare wear any less than their best silks lol! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a find!!! Have you done other posts on it that I've missed?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...